5 TIPS: What can I do as a social business to appeal to investors?
- The metrics panel. Dedicate a digital place for your numbers — and update them regularly. Include concentrated information about your impact, convert the data points into a simple numerical format, and keep it on display for the investors.
- A storyline. Create a value-based storyline for your innovation — present the advantages in the full picture.
- Stand out. What is the unique selling point of your solution? Do in-depth research of your industry, competitors, and the market; figure out why and how you stand out.
- Transparency. Commit to a zero-tolerance policy for shadow deals and be transparent about your company’s activities and processes.
- Create opportunities for small victories. Even if small in scale, every win matters — create opportunities for them and showcase your victories. Success attracts more success!